I believe most of us struggle with keeping it healthy especially when travelling on holiday or for business purposes.
But not to worry, I have prepared a sample meal in a day, very realistic that you can indulge in and get the ingredients anywhere in the world.
An easy go-to healthy breakfast is oats. Oats can be utilized in so many ways. It can be overnight oats,hot porridge, snack bar, muffin or pancake.
I decided to go with pancake because I love them and enjoy them with a cup of herbal tea.
- 1 cup dried oats
- 1 tbsp butter/margarine
- 1 cup of full-fat milk
- Sweetener of choice
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium eggs
- Peanut butter
- Baking powder
1. Blend the oats into a fine powder.
2. Place the oat flour into a clean bowl and crack open two eggs.
3. Whisk the mixture and go ahead to add milk.
4. In another bowl mash two bananas and pour into the mixture
5. Whisk until the mixture is consistent.
6. Melt 1 tbsp of butter and pour it into the above mixture.
7. Whisk until consistent.
8. Onto a clean pan place some of the mixture with the desired shape you would like.
9. Let it cook on one side and then flip the other part to cook.
10. Serve with cinnamon and banana.
If you opt for oat porridge:
The ingredients, are almost similar to the oat pancake but the method is different.
1. Measure the oats while still dry. Half a cup would do.
2. Boil 2 cups of milk and pour it into the oats. This only applies to quick oats. If your oats are traditional or steel cut oats, you are required to cook them well until soft.
3. Add some cinnamon and bananas. If you still need it to be sweeter, add some sweetener with 0 calories.
Lunch my favorite meal of the day. Here you want to eat a heavy meal so that at dinner time you can eat a salad or something with less calories.
- Cooking oil preferably olive oil.
1. Take the amount of rice you need. For one person I would recommend 1 cup of rice.
2. Boil 2 cups of water.
3. To it add 1 tbsp of oil and 2 pinches of salt.
4. Wash your rice and place it in the boiling water to cook up.
- Chopped up beef
- Desired spices
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 green and red pepper
- 1 scoop tomato paste.
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Coconut oil
1. In a cooking pan bring the chopped meat into a boil until soft.
2. Chop up the onions, and peppers and fry them in 2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan.
3. Let them fry until soft and add chopped up tomatoes and tomato paste. Let them fry until tomatoes are soft.
4. Add desired spices together with salt and pepper.
5. Add the boiled meat into the pan with the spices and veggies and stir well for about 5 minutes.
6. You could also season the meat first before cooking.
You can add vegetables to the sides like asparagus, carrots or zucchini.
Here I would strongly advise going for salads or something lighter. You don’t want to be full while going to bed. Unless you are on medication or you have a condition, it can be otherwise.
You will require:
- 1 Chicken breast chicken is preferred.
- 2 eggs
For the chicken, the preparation method is just like the beef method.
For the eggs, crack them open and beat in a bowl. Add salt and pepper while at it.
In a pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the eggs and let them fry.
In a plate layer the lettuce, eggs and chicken.
About lifestyle and fitness